- iOS 9 (or higher);
- Supervised devices, with either DEP or Apple Configurator.
- No invitation process;
- No Apple ID required on the device;
- Installation and updates are controlled by Xinca.
- The user data (documents, etc..) inside the app is not being back-upped by iCloud because the app is tied to the device instead of the user!
Good to know:
- The app(s) do not appear in the user’s purchase history in the App Store;
- You need to buy a license for each device you are handing out the app(s) to;
- Xinca will fall back to Apple ID Assignment if device assignment is not possible (eg. not supervised and/or not running iOS 9 or higher);
- Not all apps support Device Assignment. You can recognize apps which support it by the “Device Assignable” text in the app list.
- If Device Assignment is not supported by apps then there is no other option then to to make Apple ID’s to assign those apps.