To use the Xinca iOS app, a couple of steps need to be taken.
- User devices running iOS 8 or higher;
- User accounts for the users (with username and password) OR directory authentication with for example Active Directory, Open Directory, etc.
- The Xinca User app (free download at iOS App store).
Steps to take:
- Install the app on the users devices;
- Create user accounts if they don’t exist yet;
- Login at the User app.
Install the app on the users devices:
The easiest way to distribute the User app is by purchasing it via VPP and deploy it to the devices.
- In XMS configure VPP if it’s not already configured;
- Buy the free Xinca User app at https://volume.itunes.apple.com/?l=en;
- Optionally: In XMS navigate to Dashboard and click on the Sync Now button to force a sync with VPP to make the purchased app appear faster
- Navigate to Apps, find the Xinca app and apply a scope which contains all users that should install the app
- The app will now be distributed to the users devices.
Create user accounts (if they don’t exist yet):
You can skip this step if you already have user accounts for your users in Xinca (with an username and password) OR if you’re using LDAP authentication;
- In XMS navigate to Organisation -> Import / Synchronise and choose a method to import your users. Optionally, you can choose to create them manually at Users & Groups -> Overview.
- You can use the Generate Accounts feature to generate a large number of accounts for the users at once. To do so:
- Navigate to Users & Groups -> Overview
- Select the users that you want to generate an password for;
- Click on the blue Generate accounts button
- In the popup that’ll appear you’ll have the option to enter a message that’ll be send to the User by mail and the password strength
- Click on the Generate button, the users will receive an e-mail with their username (e-mail address) and generated password.
Login at the User app:
- After the app is pushed to the devices, the user needs to login with the credentials that’ve been e-mail to them.