It is possible to create and manage Web Clips in Xinca, in this article we will go over the following:
- Creating a Web Clip
- Managing Web Clip
Creating a Web Clip
It is possible to create a Web Clip in XMS, this is done in the general settings of a profile, the following Web Clip is an example of how a Web Clip should be configured.
It is also possible to create Web Clips for MacOS, We've created a separate Article for this: Web Clips for MacOS
If you want your web clip to open in Chrome this is possible by using googlechrome:// (For example: googlechrome://www.xincamdm.com/) before the address.
Managing Web Clips
In Xinca, there are multiple things you need to know about managing Web Clips:
- It is not possible to configure Web Clips in a profile layout
- When a profile layout is configured Web Clips will show up in the first available spot
- Users can always create Web Clips since Apple doesn't allow us to manage these settings.
- It is possible to disable to removal of Web Clips by checking off "Allow removing apps" in restriction settings
- When a profile layout is configured users can not remove Web Clips regardless of this restriction
- When whitelisting/blacklisting apps, it is possible to whitelist/blacklist all Web Clips