Distributing In-House Packages to macOS clients is possible using Xinca Management System. Take the following steps to do so:
Steps to take:
- Build your own package; (upload size maximum 4GB)
- Add your package to Xinca
- Define a scope and start distributing packages
Build your own package:
Please follow the following guide to build your own package: How to build packages for macOS.
Add your package to Xinca
- Go to “Apps” and click the button "Add App"
- Click the popup and select the package you created earlier. You need to select the .pkg file;
- Wait for the package to upload;
Define a scope and start distributing packages:
- You will be redirected automatically to the created package;
- Add a device group to the scope;
- When you add a scope, the “Clients in scope” table will automatically update and reflects the devices/users that’ll receive the package;
- Click on the “Save” button to save the filters. In a couple of minutes, the package will be assigned to the clients and scope and the package will automatically start installing;