Setting a wallpaper for macOS clients is possible using Xinca Management System. Take the following steps to do so:
Steps to take:
- Create a package;
- Distribute your package;
- Create a profile;
- Distribute your profile;
Build your package:
- Build your own package using this guide How to build packages for macOS;
- Add the wallpaper to the package in the folder “Users/Shared”
Note: Make sure you have at least one application in this package.
Distribute the package:
Distribute your package to macOS Clients using this guide How to distribute In-House Packages to macOS Clients
Configure a wallpaper profile:
- Create a macOS profile, add the desired groups to the Scope and click on the “Create New Profile” button to save.
- Configure “Restrictions” – “Functionality” and select “Lock Desktop picture”. Add the path to the wallpaper e.g. “/Users/Shared/wallpaper.jpg” save the profile.
- In a couple of minutes, the profile will be assigned to the clients in the Scope and will automatically start installing.