- This knowledge-base item assumes you know how to assign a Admin - If you do not know how to do this please take a look at the following guide: Why do my Admins see the User App.
- The new Xinca App has both a Admin and User side, this page will cover the Admin side of the app. To learn more about the User app - Please check out the User App overview.
- This article assumes you have the latest version of the App distributed.
- When you have an Admin assigned to a device, this device will automatically log in.
- When you don't have an Admin assigned to a device, the Admin will have to log in manually by selecting the school and entering his/her credentials.
- Assigned Apps/Documents/Profiles*
- Device Options*
- My Departments
- Prepare Bundle
* These features are in both the Admin and the User version of the app.
** Messages work slightly different on User and Admin versions of the app.
Here you can find everything assigned to your User Account.
Note: Keep in mind that these items have to be configured "On-demand" in the scope for them to show up on these lists.
Here you can look at messages you've sent and received from Users, you can create a new message-group for separate Users but also for complete Departments.
- Create a new message-group by tapping the icon in the top right:
- Select a class from the list
- Create a group with either all users in this class or select a few users you want to send your messages to
- Select the message-group you've created as seen on the image below, here you can send messages to the Users that are in each group
It is possible to have certain options enabled or disabled in the App, these options are found under "Organisation > Settings > Xinca User & Admin":
Admin Specific Features:
Departments you've created in XMS that are assigned to the Admin will show up in this tab:
Selecting one of these Departments will show all the Users that are in this department, you can create separate groups inside this department with the "+" button.
What can I do with a Department?
Pressing the "+" in the bottom right of the App will list all the options you can use within the department:
- Unlock: Clears the selected devices of all restrictions;
- Install Apps: Installs selected apps on User iPads;
- Attention: Sends a notification to the selected devices;
- Restrictions: Allows/Disallows the usages of certain features on the device;
- Weblock: Whitelist certain websites, other websites will be blocked, it is also possible to lock Users in safari;
- Applock: Create a list of allowed apps for your class. Any unlisted Apps will be hidden (The only exception is the settings App, we cannot hide the Settings App due to a policy from Apple);
- Start Bundle: Explained in detail in the next section.
In the Admin app it is possible to prepare Bundles that can later be used, If you do not have any Bundles prepared the app will prompt you to create your first Bundle:
When you create a Bundle there is a bunch of options you use:
- Create a list of allowed apps. Any unlisted app will be hidden;
- Create a list of allowed sites. Any unlisted site will be blocked;
- Restrictions (Allow use of camera, use of Safari, etc.)
To learn more about the Self Service (User) side of the app please take a look at the following guide: Xinca App User Overview.